Saturday 2 August 2014

jungle time









wearing
top/denim&supply
jeans/american apparel
glasses/aldo
sandals/joe fresh


these past few days have had me looking back on my high school experience.
although every person has a different journey during high school, i will not lie about mine.
high school was awful
my experience started with moving to a new city from a tiny town.
i enrolled into a small private school within the city and that's when my life began it's never ending decline.
throwing yourself into a school where the students have been together since pre K added to the difficulty of meeting friends, along with my fear of new people. 
2/2 odds were against me already. 
i had a total of one friend throughout my first two years of high school.
as fate would have it, a quick school transfer took her away and once again i was friendless.
now two years into high school i had communicated with my one friend and teachers.
trying to make friends at this point was impossible.
i don't want to tag myself with a "cliche" label saying that no one in my grade was like me, but it's true.
i didn't have the wealth of half the kids or the desire of popularity of the other half.
and to be honest, some of the girls were just mean.

since the start of the summer i've gained so much more confidence in my everyday life.
from everyday looks to the clothing i love to wear.
i finally feel comfortable with myself now that i'm out of high school.


to survive high school one needs to remember these few points
a) high school is just high school. although regularly glamourized on america teen movies, high school for the most part will be lame. 
b) don't give up on the things you love.
during high school i would get comments (usually negative) on tons of the clothing i wore. i became super self conscious with most of the clothing i owned. this left me with hoodies and leggings. in my senior year i finally thought 'to hell with it' and i started wearing the clothes i loved.
AND FYI JELLY SANDALS BECAME POPULAR SO HA TO ALL THE KIDS WHO LAUGHED AT THEM WHEN I GOT THEM THREE YEARS AGO.
c) find a few close friends.
but be friendly with many around you.
in my senior year i found a couple close friends and i realized that even having three close friends are better than hanging out with the group of ten who don't even like you.
d) there will always be the one girl who doesn't like you.
no matter how hard you try.
don't worry about her.
she doesn't have the fashion sense that you do. 
you look fabulous.


i hope you survive
xx
lauren taylor 

8 comments:

  1. Definitely agree with you on high school. Not that I had a terrible experience but it's good when teenagers realise high school is not everything and as soon as you graduate, all that high school was was one small part of your life. And good for you for being true to yourself!

    X O

    Isabel
    lunabrunel.squarespace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm excited for 'real' life to start! although school taught me nothing about taxes, buying a house, or stuff like that i'm excited to learn about it!
      xx

      Delete
  2. love this outfit and your blog! thanks for visiting mine :) i'm so glad that i've left school now, a weight has definitely been lifted from my life... towards the end, it was just hell xo
    refreshion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely outfit-the jeans look so relaxed and comfy.
    Lucia's Loves//Giveaway: Win a paisley skirt/trousers
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorg girl! xx

    yecrad.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog so much! All your outfits are amazing!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your jeans. They look super comfortable yet chic!
    Check out my blog and maybe we can follow each other? Hope to hear from you!
    Natalie

    www.maralmuse.com

    ReplyDelete